After defeating Radosek Pavril and closing the portal between Irrisen and Taldor, the party sets their sights on Whitethrone, the Irriseni capitol. There, Queen Elvanna holds the Baba Yaga’s Dancing Hut, which they will use to track down the witch.
Nadya Petska accompanies them, with her twin sons in tow. Her late husband’s uncle, Ringeirr Malenkov, lives in the Fishcamps on the outskirts of the city, and Nadya believes he will be able to help them.
Mouse, the Black Mantle speaking to him, splits from the party temporarily. He knows he will join them down the line.
Rested, resupplied, and with the two five-year-old boys safely on the sled, the party departs.
- Day 1: The party is set upon by a large swarm of ravens, likely in the employ of the White Witches. Half escape, turning northwest towards the capitol.
- Day 2: Nothing to report.
- Day 3: As evening approaches, Orm, one of the two twins, goes missing. The party splits to search for him, with Electromagnetix staying behind to guard his brother. After 20 minutes of searching, Shula and Korthal find the boy, surrounded by three boreal wolves. Hearing their call, Ivy, now mounted on Boudicca, rides to assist, with Nadia close behind. They dispatch of the wolves, but not before Korthal nearly falls from some particularly painful bites of cold.
- Day 4: Nothing to report.
- Day 5: Passing a log cabin, the party is hailed by a red-haired woman who claims that her husband was taken by a moss trol. Having dealt with one before, the group carefully approaches the cave in question only to discover that, rather than a troll, the woman saw her husband covered by a strange (and, Shula discovers, otherworldly) moss with the ability to dominate their hosts. Thankfully for the man, she discovers this before too much damage is done to him personally, and he is rescued. As thanks, his wife bestows Korthal with a luck spell and Electromagnetix with a special bear trap.
- Day 6: After resting for the night at the cabin, the party crosses into the ruins of Ulsgaard, destroyed 1400 years ago during the First Winter War. Passing a surprisingly standing temple of Desna, the party is hailed by two men in the courtyard. Sensing a familiar danger, Ivy hears the faint cries of screaming children. Rather than pass it by for others to fall into, the party charges into battle, yeti-covered sorcerer first (triggering the haunt in the process). The party quickly dispatches of the two undead creatures, and discover a small treasure stash inside the temple.
- Day 7: Staying the night in the temple, Shula awakes the next morning and readies a consecration spell, which she promptly uses to destroy the haunt outside. The party moves on…..